To: Massachusetts residents who purchased cosmetic products containing questionable cellulite-reduction claims
In Re: Potential Class Action Lawsuit in Massachusetts against Nivea and other cosmetics manufacturers
If you purchased anti-cellulite/weight loss cosmetic products by Nivea and other companies (see list below), you may have been misled.
Massachusetts has strong consumer protection laws which forbid unfair and deceptive acts or practices, including false advertising. These laws allow wronged consumers to seek justice when they have been taken advantage of.
Companies are making millions through sophisticated ads that make women feel unattractive and then push cures “cures” for natural bodily processes, such as aging and cellulite.
Nivea recently paid the Federal Trade Commission $900,000.00 as a penalty for bogus weight loss cosmetic claims. According to FTC Chairman Jon Leibowitz, “The real skinny on weight loss is that no cream is going to help you fit into your jeans. The tried and true formula for weight loss is diet and exercise.”
Have you been ripped off?
You purchased Nivea Good Bye Cellulite Fast Acting Serum. The box promised “Fast Acting Serum leads to visible reduction in the appearance of cellulite in as little as 10 days.” You followed product instructions to “Apply serum once daily on thighs, buttocks and stomach.” The product did not reduce the appearance of cellulite. You want your money back.
List of Questionable Cellulite Skin Lotions:
- Apivita Aromatherapy Metamorphosis Anticellulite Massage Oil
- Avotone Body Sculpting Lotion
- Bliss Fat Girl Slim- Qusome-Encapsulated Caffeine
- Bliss Love Handler
- Body Sculpture
- Body Solution
- Clarins Body Lift
- DDF Refining Body Treatment
- Derma Ab Solutions
- Estee Lauder Body Performance
- Estee Lauder Body Performance Slim Shape+ Anti Cellulite Advanced Serum; $52.50 for 6.7 oz.
- Hydroderm Body Shape
- L’oreal Sublime Anti-Cellulite Gels
- L’oreal Sublime Slim Patches
- Liz Earle Energising Hip & Thigh Gel
- Neutrogena Anti-Cellulite Treatment
- Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite
- Nivea My Silhouette (Currently off the market due to FTC Order).
- Oligo DX
- Peter Thomas Roth Ultimate Body Sculpting Slimming Gel; $100 for 7.5 oz.
- Phyto Sculpt
- Revive Cellulite Erasure
- Sisley Paris Celluli-Pro/Anti-Cellulite Body Care
- Sovage Tummy Flattening Gel; $119.00 for 6 oz.
- Vichy Laboratories Celludestock; $180.00 for 7 oz.
* * * If you purchased cosmetics with weight loss or cellulite reduction claims that you believe were deceptive, call Attorney Preston Leonard today at (617)329-1295 to schedule a private and free consultation. * * *