Welcome to Leonard Law Office’s consumer law blog. The mistreatment of consumers by businesses is one of the most interesting subjects in the law. Deception and misconduct in the marketplace has a long and colorful history. From the rattlesnake oil rheumatism cures peddled by immoral salesmen in the 1800’s, to modern day products aimed at weight loss and anti-aging — unfair business practices affect most Americans.
Tag Archives: Boston
Update: One dead, one captured.
Boston will never forget those lost, and will never forget how our city came together. Continue reading
The Leonard Law Office, PC is offering a $5,000.00 reward to anyone who provides verifiable, credible information leading to the successful prosecution of a class action lawsuit against Facebook regarding its use, collection, or storage of biometric data. Specifically, we are looking for proof that Facebook has shared or sold biometric data with third parties. We are investigating all aspects of Facebook’s conduct surrounding the implementation, use, and possible misuse of facial recognition and biometrics. Biometrics refers to unique anatomical features used for identification purposes. For Background Information about Facebook, “Tag Suggestion,” and Biometrics, See EPIC‘s FTC Complaint: In re Facebook and Facial Recognition (here) (filed June 10, 2011). To inquire about this investigation and reward, you are welcome to contact Preston W. Leonard, Esq. at (617) 329-1295.
- Why Your Next Phone Will Include Fingerprint, Facial, and Voice Recognition (forbes.com)
- Tarun Wadhwa: Why Your Next Phone Will Include Fingerprint, Facial, and Voice Recognition (huffingtonpost.com)
- EPIC presses FBI in lawsuit for details on biometric database (blacklistednews.com)
- Now your iPhone can read fingerprints, scan irises and ID your face (wired.co.uk)
- Next Generation Biometric Technologies Market is growing at a CAGR of 18.7% & to reach $13.89 Billion by 2017 – New Report by MarketsandMarkets (prweb.com)
- NYPD Uses Facebook and Instagram to Catch Criminals (PSFK)
- EPIC Files Lawsuit Against FBI To Obtain Documents About Massive Biometric Identification Database (secretsofthefed.com)
- Facial recognition technology advancing fast (Wisconsin Law Journal)
- Tracking Citizens & Students With Globally Connected Biometric Databases (occupycorporatism.com)
- The real Facebook: a photo database of every U.S. citizen (macleans.ca)
Is Apple a good company?
There have been criticisms of Apple’s use of child labor overseas.
Why can’t iPhones be made by American adults under work conditions that are humane?