Some consumers have questioned the accuracy of marketing claims made by Garnier regarding its “Fructis Fortifying Shampoo.”
“Fortifying” means to “make stronger.” Is it really possible to make hair stronger with shampoo? What about ten times stronger? Is there a special “active fruit concentrate” that can perform this miraculous feat?
Garnier wants consumers to think that its Fructis shampoo will make your hair 10X stronger.
Their Fructis Fortifying Shampoo makes bold claims including:
- “Every inch 10X STRONGER”
- “Fortifying daily hair care with a Powerdoes of Active Fruit Concentrate & Ceramide renews hair’s strength to bring life back to every inch: stronger, healther & shinier.”
Articles about questionable hair strengthening claims
- Shampoo advert banned over ‘stronger hair’
- Do hair strengthening products really make hair stronger?
- ASA Adjudications Snapshot – July 2011