Massachusetts law prohibits businesses from requesting and recording a customer’s personal identification when accepting payment by credit card. Leonard Law Office, LLP and Bailey & Glasser, LLP are representing Massachusetts consumers in a privacy class action against Brooks Brothers, filed in August, 2013.
If you have received junk mailing from Brooks Brothers after using a credit/debit card at a retail location and providing Brooks Brothers with your zip code or home address, you are invited to contact us.
The Class Action Complaint alleges:
- Brooks Brothers requests customers’ zip codes when they make a purchase using a credit card.
- Brooks Brothers has a policy of automatically requesting a customer’s zip code in all credit or debit card transactions, and, if provided, recording the zip code electronically in connection with the transaction.
- Brooks Brothers has a policy of using its customers’ zip codes, and information obtained from third party databases to send marketing materials to customers.
- Brooks Brothers has a policy of sharing this information with other Brooks Brothers brands.
- Brooks Brothers’ policies harm Massachusetts consumers by subjecting them to unwanted junk mail, and other marketing without their consent, and using customers’ personal information without their consent for its own business purposes.
About Brooks Brothers
Brooks Brothers, Inc. is a privately held, Delaware corporation with its principal place of business at 100 Phoenix Avenue, Enfield, Connecticut 06083. According to Bloomberg, Mr. Claudio Del Vecchio is President and Chief Executive Officer of Brooks Brothers.
- The Mad Men of Brooks Brothers are trying to re-popularize the tie (daveibsen.typepad.com)
- Great Gatsby Inspired Menswear Collection by Brooks Brothers (extravaganzi.com)
- Brooks Brothers to Dress FC Internazionale Milano (oregonprepandliberal.wordpress.com)
- Urban Outfitters Faces Privacy Class Action in Massachusetts (theleonardlawoffice.com)
- Epic Collaborations: The Gatsby Collection at Brooks Brothers (myfashioncents.com)
- Oroton bags Brooks Brothers joint venture (news.com.au)
- Mack Senate campaign charges Brooks Brothers clothing to campaign (tampabay.com)
- Brooks Brothers (Wikipedia)