Questions about DermaSilk — False Advertising?
Many skin creams and serums make anti-aging and anti-wrinkle claims, but few are as aggressive as the claims made by the DermSilk line of products.
Does using DermaSilk products result in any of the results listed below?
– “…Age Erasing” effects”
– “Reverses the effects of aging while you sleep”
– “Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, crow’s feet, smile lines, dull skin.”
– “Turn back the clock on aging”
– “…age reversing effects”
– “…age reversing complex”
– “…delivers a regenerating complex designed to reverse the effects of aging while you sleep.”
– “…diminishing the appearance of skin damage, and restoring a youthful appearance.”
– “…reduces the appearance of existing facial wrinkles”
– “…relaxes ‘crease memory’ and offers long-term relief from visible laugh lines and crow’s feet.”
– “multi-action age-reversers”
(DermaSilk Night Repairing Face Lift “Age-Erasing Skin Repair”)
The DermaSilk Anti Aging Product Line:
Information about DermaSilk
DermaSilk is a product of Biotech International Corporation in Glastonbury Connecticut. According to records held by the Connecticut Secretary of State [PDF], Biotech International Corporation was incorporated under the laws of Connecticut in 1994. Biotech’s principal place of business is 65 Kreiger Lane, Glastonbury, CT, 06033, and is led by Gregory J. Kelly, President and C.E.O. The company’s customer service number is (800) 886-9052, website: http://www.dermasilk.org.
According to the website,
- “Biotech Corporation understands very well how both women and men feel about this change in their skin. For over fifteen years, we have been dedicated to anti-aging research in the field of cosmetics. The Biotech Corporation is a cutting edge cosmetics company. With our development of DermaSilk® Anti-Wrinkle we believe we have finally unlocked the secret to overcoming the natural signs of aging by reducing the appearance of aging skin. With DermaSilk we can all face the future with confidence and grace.”
- “DISCLAIMER: DermaSilk is intended solely for use as an anti-aging cosmetic; DermaSilk is not intended as a substitute for cosmetic or medical procedures.”
- Under Investigation: Derma Silk (theleonardlawoffice.com)
- “Anti-Aging” Products Class Action Investigation (theleonardlawoffice.com)