Cases filed matching “Facebook” – 226 records found on Pacer.gov – 196 records on Justia.com
Finkel v. Facebook – users posted defamatory material about plaintiff, fb has no responsibility for user generated content.
- Interval Licensing LLC v. AOL, Apple, eBay, Facebook, Google, Netflix, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples, Yahoo!, and YouTube (W.D. Wash. 2010).
Privacy – (Sharing Data With Advertisers)
- Lane v. Facebook — about fb’s “Beacon” advertising platform and dissemination of user information, Consolidated into In re Facebook Privacy Litigation.
- Noble v. Facebook — regarding Facebook’s sharing of user information with advertisers. Seeks class of all Facebook users who clicked on third-party ads between February 4, 2004, and May 21, 2010.
Privacy – Wiretapping by Cookies
- Brkic v. Facebook, Inc – (N.D. Calif. 2011) Complaint filed 11/5/2011 – Federal Wiretap Act, Unjust Enrichment, Intrusion Upon Seclusion, Trespass to Personal Property.
- Davis et al v. Facebook – (N.D. Calif. 2011) Complaint filed 9/30/2011 – Federal Wiretap Act, 18 U.S.C § 2511, Stored Electronic Communications Act, 18 U.S.C. § 2701 Federal Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.18 U.S.C. § 1030
Privacy – Wiretapping by Cookies – Identical Complaints:
- Quinn v. Facebook Inc et. al. – (D. Hawaii 2011) Complaint filed 10/18/2011, Federal Wiretap Act.
- Burdick et al v. Facebook Inc e.t al, – (W.D. Okla. 2011) Complaint filed 10/25/11, Federal Wiretap Act.
- Campbell v. Facebook, Inc. et al – (W.D. Ark. 2011 ) Complaint filed, 11/21/2011, Federal Wiretap Act.
- Walker v. Facebook – (D. Mont. 2011) Complaint filed 10/20/2011, Federal Wiretap Act.
(E.D. Va. 2009).
Privacy – (Minors)
- Cohen v. Facebook –alleges fb violated the privacy rights of California minors by exploiting their names and/or likenesses for profit, mainly through showing the minors’ information in association with “like” buttons.
- Meth v. Facebook — alleged fb’s unauthorized use of minors’ names and/or likenesses without parental consent.
Privacy – (Wiretapping and Sharing User Data with 3rd Party Apps)
- Wood v. Facebook – filed 11/30/2011., Complaint alleges fb tracks users after the log off and violates users’ privacy.
- In Re: Facebook Litigation – California, Complaint filed 10/11/2010
Facebook Litigation Overseas
Privacy – Facial Recognition